Substitute Oh Hyun-gyu…Celtic wins 1-0 against Rangers with Jota’s first goal → advances to the final

Oh Hyun-kyu was substituted and contributed to the team’s victory. Celtic beat the Old Firm Derby to advance to the Scottish Cup final.

Celtic won 1-0 against Rangers in the Scottish Cup semifinals of the 2022-23 season held at Hampden Park in Glasgow, Scotland at 9:30 pm (Korean time) on the 30th. With this, Celtic advance to the Scottish Cup final and will face Inverness in the final.

Celtic used a 4-3-3 formation. Furuhashi, Maeda, Jota, O’Reilly, Hatate, McGregor, Taylor, Starfeld, Carter-Vickers, Johnston, and Hart started. Hyungyu Oh started from the bench.

The Rangers faced off with a 4-2-3-1 formationㅋㅋㅋ벳. Morelos, Kent, Tillman, Cantwell, Raskin, Runstrum, Barisic, Davis, Goldson, Tavernier and McGregor came out.

The match was dominated by Celtic with a high possession. On the other hand, Rangers focused on counterattacking with their line down. Celtic laughed first. In the 42nd minute of the first half, Maeda’s cross from the right was finished by Jota’s head in front of the goal, scoring the opening goal. The first half ended with Celtic leading 1-0.

Rangers made a substitution at the start of the second half. Kent was taken out and fashion was put in. In the 9th minute of the second half, Celtic lost Johnstone due to injury and Ralston was put in.

Celtic hit the ground. In the 12th minute of the second half, Kyogo’s shot was hit by the goalkeeper. The Rangers swallowed their regrets. In the 14th minute of the second half, Fashion’s header shot was embraced by Heart. In the 19th minute of the second half, Tavernier fired a right-footed pass from Fashion, but it hit the post and flowed. Fashion shot it again, but it hit the side net.

Celtic tried to turn the atmosphere around. In the 21st minute of the second half, Iwata, Hakshabanovic and Mui were put in. The Rangers pushed. In the 26th minute of the second half Passion hit a cross from the left, but it missed the goal.

Celtic got the win. In the 39th minute of the second half, Kyogo was removed and Oh Hyun-kyu was put in. Oh Hyeon-gyu flashed once. In the 42nd minute of the second half, Oh Hyun-gyu, who caught the ball in front of the gate, tried a sensible heel pass, but no teammates accepted it. Five minutes of extra time were given, but neither team scored and Celtic ended up winning 1-0.